"Toop’s textures of discrete events show how micro-events can be composed together to create expansive sonic and mental spaces". Whilst this review discusses the work more than the performance of it, still worth a read. Read the full review here
Decibel performing during ICMC 2013.
Decibel performed two full programs at ICMC 2013, and members appeared as soloists in a number fo the programs. Over 15 concerts of instrumental and acousmatic music were featured during the week. Some of these are broadcast on ABC FM here.
Decibel toured to Malaysia in August to perform the Complete John Cage Variations Project at the Cage 101 Conference in Tajung Malim, as well as a program of their own music (works by Hope and Vickery) at the Switch On Festival in Kuala Lumpur. The trip was funded with support from the Western Australian Department of Culture and the Arts.
Decibel news updates
Subscribe below to get content rich updates in your inbox when we have events happening. No spam!
- Who we are
- Latest News
- 2018 Program
- The Difficult Commission Project
- Watch Past Performances
- Interviews and Presentations
- Sounding Art
- Electronic Concerto
- After Julia
- The Nature of Sound
- Chance Figurations in Japan
- Peggy Glanville Hicks Address Performance
- Occam - the music of Eliane Radigue
- Inner Space - The Giacinto Scelsi Project
- 2016 program
- Johannes S Sistermanns - a commission
- The Complete John Cage Variations Project
- Australian Music Program 2013
- Still and Moving Lines. The music of Alvin Lucier
- Grainger's Free Music
- Touring Programs
- Past Programs >
- Film Music
- Decibel ScorePlayer