The Decibel ScorePlayer
The Decibel ScorePlayer is an ipad application that enables network-synchronised scrolling of proportional colour music scores on multiple tablet computers. This is designed to facilitate the reading of scores featuring predominantly graphic notation in rehearsal and performance, and can be used in the creation of new works, as well as the interpretation of existing works.
You can download our ScoreCreator desktop application to make your own file to put into the player [Currently only for iOS Lion or later] using the icon on the right. Instructions on how to upload a new score to the ScorePlayer are here.
Key Features in V1.1.0
- Five scores built in, created by composers in the Decibel new music ensemble, Cat Hope and Lindsay Vickery.
- Ability to change speed of the piece.
- Easy to use slider to move to different parts of the piece for reahearsal purposes.
- View full score or individual parts on different iPads.
- Uses tablets own network capabilities for easy Wi Fi connection – hop on to any available network.
- Easy network check to see who is on the network.
- Modular structure enables easy updates, with recent updates to include more scores, upload facilities, audio output and OSC communication.
AND new in V 1.1 is an instruction panel for each piece to assist decoding graphic notations, as well as easy to use instrucitons on uploading your own scores.
- 2015 program
- Latest News
- Find out more
- Inner Space - The Giacinto Scelsi Project
- Johannes S Sistermanns - a commission
- After Julia
- Occam - the music of Eliane Radigue
- The Complete John Cage Variations Project
- Australian Music Program 2013
- Still and Moving Lines. The music of Alvin Lucier
- Grainger's Free Music
- Touring Programs
- Past Programs >
- Decibel ScorePlayer